1. You have 2 SCSI hard disks each with a 1 GB partition attach to seperate disk controllers. Which fault tolerance method best utilize the configuration ?
Stripe set with parity.
2. What happens to file permissions when you use Windows NT Explorer to copy files from one subdirectory to another one on the same NTFS partition ?
All file permissions are set to full control for the Everyone group.
All file permissions are discarded.
All file permissions are retained.
All file permissions are inherited from the destination subdirectory.
3. How can you prevent all users except members of the administrators group from logging on to the domain from any of the domain controllers ?
Remove all users except members of the Administrators group from the Interactive special group.
Place all users except members of the Administrators group in the Interactive special group.
Ensure that only members of the Administrators group have the right to logon locally.
Ensure that only members of the Administrators group have the right to logon to a domain controller.
4. Your network have 3 Windows NT Server computers. You want to change the role of one BDC so it becomes a PDC. You are working from a Windows NT Workstation with Network Administration Tools installed. How can you change the role of the PDC ?
Shut down the existing PDC.
Use Server Manager to promote the desired BDC to a PDC.
Restart the old PDC.
It will be automatically demoted to a BDC when the new PDC is detected.
Shut down both the existing PDC and the BDC that will be promoted.
Restart the BDC.
It will be automatically demoted to a PDC when no other PDC is detected.
Use Server Manager to stop the Net Logon Service on both the PDC and the BDC.
Promote the BDC to the PDC.
Demote the old PDC to a BDC.
Start the Net Logon Service on both.
Use Server Manager to promote the BDC to a PDC.
The existing PDC will be automatically demoted.
5. You want to perform a tape backup of the registry files of the Windows NT Server. How must you use the Windows NT Backup program to do this?
Select differential as the backup type.
Use the Windows NT backup program from a remote WinNT Server computer only.
Specify at least one file on the volume that contains the registry.
Stop the server service.